The inaugural UCL Centre for Access to Justice & Migrants Organise Talk: “Migrants and Refugees at Home” will discuss the barriers forced migrants face to integration and access to justice.
Speakers with personal and professional experiences of migration will raise awareness about the extent of the problems affecting refugee and migrant communities, and discuss ways to move forward and make a difference.
- Jennifer Blair – Immigration and Human Rights Barrister at No5 Chambers
- Clare Jennings – Solicitor and Head of Public Law and Community Care at Matthew Gold & Company Ltd.
- Zrinka Bralo – Journalist, Activist and CEO of Migrants Organise
- Ajay Singh Thakuri – Asylum Seeker from Nepal, currently a student at Kent University
- Gianna Seglias – UCL Law student and intern at Migrants Organise
- Verena Neubauer-Da Silva – UCL Law student and intern at Migrants Organise
23rd February 18:00-21:00
Clarke Hall, Institute of Education, 20 Bedford, WC1H 0AL
Register a free entry here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/migrants-and-refugees-at-home-a-migrants-organise-ucl-caj-event-tickets-31415482554
Website for more details: http://www.migrantsorganise.org/.